Inclusion Australia partnered with the Centre for Social Impact Swinburne to help plan the Everyone Can Work website. The Centre for Social Impact Swinburne looked at what the research says about what makes a difference for people with intellectual disability finding and keeping work in open employment, including:
- the role of family and friends
- mainstream and special education
- the role of work experience
- transition from school to work
- transition from school to post-secondary education.
The findings from this research were used to create the plain English and Easy Read information on the Everyone Can Work website. The research clearly shows that everyone benefits when people with intellectual disability get opportunities for work and work experience in open employment.
Read the full research report: