Programs of Support
Programs of Support include different types of Australian Government- funded employment support services.
Programs of Support help you get ready for, find and keep a job. They can also help you look for a job, study, or get work experience. The Program of Support you get is based on the support you need.
The Programs of Support for people who get the Disability Support Pension (DSP) are:
- Australian Disability Enterprises (ADE)
- Disability Employment Services (DES)
- jobactive – jobactive is the main Australian Government program for people looking for a job who don’t need support to work. It connects people looking for work with employers
- ParentsNext – ParentsNext can help parents get ready to start work when their youngest child goes to school
- Community Development Program (CDP) – the CDP helps people looking for a job in remote Australia. It helps them to build skills, tackle barriers and contribute to their local community.
Centrelink may ask you to go through a Program of Support before you can get DSP payments.
You can learn more about Programs of Support on the Services Australia website.
The Disability Support Pension (DSP) is a payment the Australian Government makes to people with a permanent physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition.
Read more An Australian Disability Enterprises (ADE) is a type of employment support for people with disability who need significant support to work.
Read more Disability Employment Services (DES) is the Australian Government’s employment service that can help people with disability find work and keep a job in open employment.