Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Return to homepage


Back to the A-Z of open employment

Centrelink is an Australian Government service that provides payments and services to people who need them.

Centrelink makes decisions about things like who can get the Disability Support Pension (DSP) and then manages these payments.

Centrelink also assesses what support people with disability need to find work. For example, it refers people to Disability Employment Services (DES) to help them prepare for, find and keep a job in open employment.

Services Australia is in charge of Centrelink services.

The Disability Support Pension (DSP) is a payment the Australian Government makes to people with a permanent physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition.
Read more
DES-ESS is a Disability Employment Services (DES) that helps people with permanent disability find a job. It also provides regular, ongoing support while they help them keep a job.
Read more
Open employment is when people with and without disability work together in regular jobs.
Read more
Services Australia is an Australian Government department that provides government payments and services.
Read more

A project by Inclusion Australia

Subscribe to the Inclusion Australia newsletter to stay up to date